The following webpages house the latest information about the IL Science Assessment. Check back for updates regularly.
IL Science Assessment Information:
- CPS (login to your CPS account to view)
What we currently know:
- CPS Assessment Window: April 17-28, 2017
- Grades assessed: 5th, 8th, and high school biology
- Assessment format: online
- Assessment content: The assessment is aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards for Science incorporating the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- Assessment Items: Each test (5, 8, high school) will begin with reading passages, called scenarios, and will be followed by a series of test items. Some items will be open-ended, some will be multiple-choice, and some will include dropdown selections or other technology-enhanced choices. Each test will also include stand-alone, multiple-choice items that do not follow a scenario.
- Note: Illinois has an item-sharing agreement with the Office of the State Superintendent in the District of Columbia and is working in partnership with D.C. to build the ISA.